Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Day 3 Match 1 Vs Canada

Interesting what you wish for and what annoys you. On the first day I would have been happy with some 15 or averaging 15. Today is was furious that we lost 5 imps and therefore 2VPs on the last board in this match against Canada. I only hope that the those 2 VP's don't become meaningful. What was correctly pointed out was that if it was board 1 I wouldn't have cared at all.

Anyway 21-9 is good. I mentioned in the team score-up that I was pleased to see USA1 continue their run and how I hoped they would blitz the field. One of the team members felt that this was an inappropriate comment - my thinking is that the more they lead the field by the lower the qualifying score. Remember we need to finish in the top 8 to continue in the event.

So analysing out position

USA 1 147
Italy 133
Norway 129
Poland 128
Australia 120
Brazil 118
China 111
Netherlands 110.5
Argentina 108
New Zealand 107
Japan 107
South Africa 106.5
Indonesia 104

The problem if we have one is that we are to play all of the teams in red. Not that they are necessarily the top teams in the event but they are competing for the same spots as us.

Anyway enough from me. Off to the tailor to have a fitting for my sports coat.... hey I am allowed a little time to myself.

Be well
David

No comments: